Monday, April 20, 2015

RMS Packet Gateway experiments Windows Version

How to set up an RMS Packet Gateway.  

First of all you have to register it.  I am not there yet since I am still in an experimental stage.  I want to understand how it works before I get it registered and known to the whole world.  I also want to get it right.   The permanent installation will be linux based (I think).   But the easy way to understand the technology is to put up a windows implementation and get a base understanding.   I followed the instructions closely and I got it to work.   These are the two models I have working on the bench reliably.





RMS Relay is normally not necessary.  But in this case since I was not going to register the test setup and I wanted to mail to stay local, RMS Relay gave me that option.

Now that I have something reliable working as a model I can move on to getting the software running in a more permanent configuration.   The hope is that I can get the right Hub/Host software running on a Raspberry PI and go from there.


2 comments:

  1. Need help with SignaLink to Kenwood TMV71a settings and setup. Also Need the Kenwood TMV71a menu settings.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Using RMS Express and UZ7HO Sound Modem TNC software. Thanks Tony KJ6YFY. You can find me at QRZ.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, I really appreciate your post. I could use some help with the same setup. I am running Windows 10 and my radio is Kenwood TMV71a. I am also using a SignaLink USB connected via the 6 pin mini din connection on the back of the radio. Can't get the radio to transmit. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Tony KJ6YFY 73

    ReplyDelete