Wednesday, November 27, 2013

FLDIGI Testing


I have been playing with FLDIGI and one of the problems is finding someone to exchange traffic with. I have a fix for that I have been using.   If you have an iPhone, use the built in Voice Memo application and record some digital traffic.

Set the output to go to the built-in speakers and send a message while recording it with the app.   I have been using  MT63-2000L since it is tolerant of background noise.  Set the input device in FLDIGI to the built in speaker and play it back.    What I sent shows back up on the screen.

I have done this with FLMSG and the other programs in the suite to debug and get more practice.  Works well for me.

One caveat.  This does not work with the higher speed PSK protocols.  It worked with PSK31 but started to take errors with PSK125 and did not work at all with PSK250 and above.  Since I know it works with MT63 that is what I have mostly been playing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment