Sunday, December 15, 2013

moved the antenna again


I moved the VHF antenna again.   Why do you ask.   I had problems last week on the digital net hearing everyone.  Even those I have heard before.  My thought was that I have the antenna in the RF shadow of the house from the west. AKA - the house is blocking signets to/from the west.

So what I did was to move the antenna slightly north and maybe 30 feet away from the house.   It helped tremendously at least to the folks I was trying to talk to.

So long term,  I think I am going to permanently mount it where it is now as opposed to the ladder mount I am currently using.   Will probably try and raise it form 10' to 20' as well.  I am concerned about it then being even with the tree canopy but we will see how well that goes.   Will probably take another couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment