Saturday, December 21, 2013

Using a signalink


I got my Christmas present early.   I have been using custom cables and direct connections between my Macintosh and my Kenwood V71 VHF transceiver.    It has been working pretty well with no complaints.  Only issue I have had is several people have asked me to help with their Signalink and I really have not had access to one.  So for Christmas, I decided to buy one.



So how did I set it up?

As far as connections I used the DIN-6 Connector on the back.
Wired it per the instructions but used the 9600 baud option

Setting up FLDIGI I set the following:
   Use "USB Audio CODEC" under Audio Devices menu
   Rig Control - Hardware PTT
         check "PTT tone on right Audio Channel"

Turned off SYSOP mode on the Radio.
          Interesting I had to have this on with the custom cables.  I will have to re-look at this using
          the cable method.

And it worked.

This is about the same I have been doing when I have been working with others trying to get theirs set up.

The real question is does it work better or not.  I have not been having any problems with the other setup so this will be hard to tell, but we will see over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment