Saturday, March 8, 2014

80m Hamstick Dipole


I had such good luck with the 20m hamstick dipole that I got back out the 80m hamsticks and tried playing with that again.  Still no luck.   Here is the graph from the Rigexpert AA-54:

It is extremely narrow in the bandwidth.  So narrow that the digital part of the band is not available if we have it tuned for voice, and I am not sure even he entire voice portion of the band would be real useful without changing the length every time you change frequency.  Did not make any contacts on the frequency since the band was dead (as it stays during the day) and was not going to wait until evening to play with it.   I will try again some other day but as I have read other places,  the hamstick dipole is really only usable at 20m and below and 40m is iffy.  My experiments so far seem to agree with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment