Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Ghost and the touch lamp


I have a ghost in the house.   We have a touch lamp in the bedroom.  One of those lamps where you touch the top and the turns on and the more times you touch it, the brighter it gets.  Well the other day my wife said something was wrong with the lamp.  I walked into the bedroom and there it was cycling through the settings.  Pretty weird.  And then it just stopped.   Went back to playing with the radio and in a few min, she yells saying it was doing it again.

What in the work is going on.   Then I remembered I was playing with winmor (actually RMSexpress) and noticed every time I transmitted, the light cycled.   I am transmitting on 3.59150mhz.  The light likes that frequency.  

Interesting to me is that I am only transmitting at about 25watts.  Antenna is 50 feet away from the lamp.  Oh well,  new procedure,  Disconnect the lamp before I play with the radio.


No comments:

Post a Comment